Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

The long, lost voice of Steelheart

I've been a YouTube fanatic for a couple of years, and I still keep discovering hidden treasures. I just found this bitchin' clip of Steelheart performing their one and only hit, "I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)," from 1991. It's one of the best power ballads of all-time. What made it amazing were the vocals of Michael Matijevic. This guy was on a completely different plane than everyone else. Only Mariah Carey could possibly rival him for overall vocal range.

It's odd that nothing's been heard from Michael for the past 15 years. I read that he tried out for Velvet Revolver, but the band went with Weiland instead, those bitches.

Here's the link. If you're not familiar with the song, make sure you watch the whole way through. And hide any glass objects like vases or mirrors.

No comments: