Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The return of Junior Senior!


Everyone's favorite Danish gay-straight dance duo is back! Junior Senior's Hey Hey My My Yo Yo hits stores next month, two years after it was recorded and released in Japan. (For some reason, its North American release was held back until now.)

Junior Senior captured my heart with 2004's "Move Your Feet," which featured Junior singing like Michael Jackson, and which had one of the most awesome music videos of all-time, a lo-fi tribute to the Atari era. Now they're back with an equally catchy song, "Can I Get Get Get." The video for this song came out well over a year ago, and it was compiled from fan-created videos. I know that these days, pretty much every singer in existence puts together fan videos, but this was the very first one I ever saw.

This is a brilliant song from a brilliant band. I just wish their upcoming tour itinerary brought them closer to me...

8/10 New Orleans, LA: Tipitina's Uptown
8/11 Cambridge, MA: Middle East Restaurant & Nightclub
8/13 New York, NY: HighLine Ballroom
8/15 West Hollywood, CA: The Roxy Theatre
8/16 San Francisco, CA: Popscene

For yinz' viewing pleasure...

Can I Get Get Get


Move Your Feet

No comments: