Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ok, Matt and Kim - I don't hate you anymore

I looked forward to Lollapalooza last year for weeks in advance. I was most excited to see Brazilian dance pop band CSS. Finally, the moment arrived, and as I waited at their stage, I was confused... why is there only a drum kit and a keyboard onstage? Why are these two skinny kids sitting up there? Where the hell are CSS?

My sinking feeling was confirmed when it was announced that CSS had flight problems and couldn't make it. I was devastated. But not to worry, they told us, because you get to enjoy the humorous pop stylings of Matt & Kim instead!!

I wanted to punch both of them in the face.

They were actually quite personable and entertaining, and their music wasn't bad, but I wasn't really paying attention. I stood there numb, refusing to believe that CSS weren't going to come out.

I've hated Matt & Kim ever since.

It's irrational. And I'm finally over it. And now, with a clear conscience and honest enthusiasm, I can share some Matt & Kim songs. They're good kids after all.

MP3: Matt & Kim - No More Long Years (from Matt & Kim)
MP3: Matt & Kim - Yea Yeah (from To/From)

photo credit: Nick Chatfield-Taylor

1 comment:

HanlyBank™ said...

I hate Matt and Kim as much as you used to. just FYI. And I'm not over it yet!