Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another free Obama concert - This one's for real



Earlier this month, the much-anticipated free Vampire Weekend concert in support of Barack Obama fell through just two days before it was to happen, disappointing tons of yinzers. Now, there's another Obama event scheduled: Local faves Rusted Root will play at Heinz Field tomorrow night.

For details check out this article, which humorously notes that attendees will receive free hot dogs. Well, now I'm sold!

I like Rusted Root but I don't think I'll be attending. It's just too cold out and I'm a bit under the weather. But for anyone going, I highly recommend following up the show with a trip to the Cabaret Theater on Penn Avenue for a night of political commentary and comedy, courtesy of local comic geniuses John McIntire and Gab Bonesso, Post-Gazette columnist Tony Norman, and others.

Read the details here.

No comments: