Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Monday, November 3, 2008

In appreciation of canadian rapper Snow

Whenever I'm in a strange place, my brain automatically starts playing songs with lyrics that mention the location I'm in. While in LA on Santa Monica Blvd, I couldn't get Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do" and Everclear's "Santa Monica" out of my head. In Beverly Hills, it was the Weezer song of the same name.

Last weekend I journeyed to Toronto, and I could not get out of my head the one song I know of that mentions Toronto - "Informer," the 1993 rap hit for white reggae rapper Snow. Perhaps you remember the song - its lightning-fast lyrics were so hard to figure out that MTV actually scrolled them at the bottom of the screen as a public service to its viewers.

People wondered if the white boy was from Jamaica, but as he clarified in the song, "Where me is from it is the one Toronto."

I thought this would be a good time for a Snow flashback. And a flashback to Jim Carrey playing Snow on In Living Color. Also, as people seem to think Snow was a one-hit wonder, I provide the evidence that he wasn't: his follow-up minor hit "Girl I've Been Hurt."

Video: Snow - Informer


Video: Jim Carrey as Snow - In Living Color


Video: Snow - Girl I've Been Hurt

No comments: