Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I've found the new Mitch Hedberg

This is a music blog, but comedians put out CDs, so screw it, I'm talking about comedy.

Anyone who knows me knows I adore the late Mitch Hedberg. He is the funniest man I've ever heard, with his off-the-wall one-liners and bizarre manner of speaking, i.e. stressing of syllables that aren't supposed to be stressed. I believe I have heard every joke Mitch ever told, thanks to websites and YouTube videos, and I still treasure the bootlegged tape I made of his show at the Byham Theater a few months before he died...

Anyway... I'm finally able to get over Mitch thanks to Demetri Martin. This guy (who looks like an emo kid but is actually 34) tells the jokes that Mitch would be telling if he were alive today. In fact, he's actually stolen some of Mitch's jokes, but we'll let that slide and enjoy them:

My computer beat me at chess. But then I beat him at kickboxing...

Glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies...

I remember when I used to be into nostalgia...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok first off i have to just say OMFG thank you for the fact alone that you too think like me! ever since i first heard demetri i was like omg hes like the reincarnation of mitch and ppl kinda think im nuts because i have such a profound love for mitch and i talk about both of these guys all the time!
i actually went to google searching for a pic of mitch and all i saw was i found the new mitch hedberg as one of the results [incase you were wondering what brought me here lol]

and btw, which im sure youve heard of him, but theres 1 more comedian out there thats just amazing, Jim Gaffagin, if you havnt heard him go youtube him NOW! also, if you like sketch comedy check out the whitest kids u know they are AMAZING!!! you can watch their whole 1st season uncensored on www.IFC.com and their second season starts feb 10th! i left my myspace page link [www.myspace.com/slutbug] incase youd like to reply back to me ;)
ive been saved by the buoyancy of citrus...