Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who's going to lip synch at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving parade?



Miley Cyrus and David Archuleta! Woohoo!

Along with Darius Rucker and James Taylor, who I'd actually be interested in seeing.

I'm not a big fans of parades to begin with, but the whole concept of live performances in parades is just weird. The singer stands there and pretends to sing his/her song, and the audience pretends to enjoy it. I have yet to see any parade performer actually sing live.

My favorite Macy's performer was the Barenaked Ladies several years back. Singer Steven Page took the piss out of the whole thing by not even trying to keep the microphone near his mouth. I loved it. Unfortunately, due to Page's recent drug arrest, I doubt we'll be seeing BNL anywhere near a parade anytime soon.

Video: Barenaked Ladies - Jingle Bells (2004 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade)

2 comments:

BeckEye said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BeckEye said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO