Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

January Pittsburgh concerts



MUST-SEE SHOW:
1/26 Frightened Rabbit @ Rangos Hall, Carnegie Mellon University

This Scottish act showed up on a lot of year-end best-of lists. It's always great when someone opens himself up completely and pours his guts into his lyrics, and Frightened Rabbit singer Scott Hutchison did just that on The Midnight Organ Fight. Go and weep in your beer pop (probably no alcohol at this show) as Hutchison sings his gripping tales of breakup and heartache.

ALSO WORTH ATTENDING:
1/7 AC/DC @ Mellon Arena
The classic rock fossils had one of 2008's biggest selling albums (Thank you, Walmart), and now they're taking a victory lap. You can bet they'll bust out "You Shook Me All Night Long," "Back in Black," and all the rest. Personally I'd be rooting to hear "Moneytalks."

Others to keep in mind:
1/3 Jerry Seinfeld @ Benedum Center
1/9 Zach Deputy @ Thunderbird Cafe
1/10 Lisa Lampanelli @ Byham Theater
1/16 Push Play @ Diesel
1/17 innerpartysystem @ Diesel
1/18 I Am Ghost @ Diesel
1/25 Red Jumpsuit Apparatus @ Mr. Small's
1/27 Vic Chesnutt & Elf Power @ Garfield Artworks
1/28 As I Lay Dying @ Mr. Small's
1/29 Brian VanderArk @ Club Cafe
1/31 Kathleen Edwards @ Rex Theatre

2 comments:

Mr. Puff said...

Bear Hands - brillobox 1/16/09

BeckEye said...

Dude, Air Supply is coming to NYC on Feb. 20...the day after my birthday. I'm trying to talk someone into buying me a ticket. :)

LL Cool J is coming ON my birthday. That sounds dirty, but you know what I mean. I'd like to see him too.