Unrescuable Schizo feature: Check out our FAVORITE 30 SONGS OF THE 2000S.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random Tuesday stuff...

A few random quick hits:



-Are there any local bands interested in playing the Pittsburgh date (July 8) on the 2009 Warped Tour? The deadline to make your submission is this Wednesday, April 1. Though we're excited to see local rockers Anti-Flag back on the bill, this year's Warped lineup is mediocre at best, so you might as well snag that local performance slot and see if you can liven things up. Check out the information here: http://www.sonicbids.com/Opportunity/OpportunityView.aspx?opportunity_id=14357

-I'm finally going to see Flaming Lips live! They've been added to this year's Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago, which will be part of our awesome "Summer of Shows" series - more details to come on this in the very near future. The Flaming Lips are one of the best live bands in the world and I've managed to miss them at all the festivals I've attended before, so this is going to rule.

-I'm loving the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs record It's Blitz! It's a surprisingly synth-y rock record that grabs me far more than anything they've ever done before. This is the first CD I've heard that I believe may end up on my Best of 2009 list.

-Amanda Palmer has spoken out before about her frustration over the lack of support from her label, Roadrunner. Now she's written a funny song dedicated to the label, called "Drop Me." Check out a video of the song, which she debuted two days ago:

Video: Amanda Palmer - "Drop Me"

No comments: